caravanandcampingforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caravanandcampingforum.com

A Friendly Caravan and Camping Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tent Choice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tentpeg

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:09 am

can anyone suggest a tent i look at for £150,a 4 man

ive seen a few but the reviews arent appealing

thanks
Back to top Go down
gail

gail

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:42 am

need one that is double skin ie hanging bedrooms
get a high one nothing worse than crawling into tent and not being able to stand up
and if going to use for long time at a time larger than you need for storage and avoid ones with shallow slope sides on bedrooms coz if touch outside of skin when it wet might leak, some of the ones gelert make are quite good have a look round good time to buy at moment coz end of season so should get good deal
hope that help

Back to top Go down
Tentpeg

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:52 am

thanks Gail,have a google later

bert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Bert Thats good advice from Gail. My Friend Chris came with me when I bought mine and i'm so glad he did he advised me to get a tent wth a sewn in ground sheet it stops all the draughts coming in. My tent is an Outwell Iowa 6 man it was advertised at £199 and I got it in the sale for £149, it has the new type of tent poles rather than the old fashion big round ones they are a lot lighter for transporting and easier to errect. I've been in some severe weather with this tent and the only problems I have had 5 of the poles broke but the wind was blowing 100 mph, I've also been in torrential rain and its never leaked i've just been away for 4 weeks in the tent touring the south coast and ive had no problems at all. My best advice is to get one with a sewn in ground sheet. Good luck with your search...Frank

My Tent is the Blue one on the Main page Photo

This is the inside of my Tent showing the hanging bedrooms

Tent Choice DSCN0587

This is my Tent

Tent Choice DSCN0338
Back to top Go down
Tentpeg

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks mate,ive had a google at tents like yours today
Keep my eye on the sales now see if i can get a bargain

Great advice and help

Bert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barny

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Cracking tent that Frank it looks really cosy, your bed looks comfy is it an air bed?

Gordy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theseafisherman.com
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:22 am

Yes your right its two x double air beds one on top of the other, BEWARE though very comfy they are also very cold I found this out on the first night, what I do is I sleep on a king size quilt and cover myself with a single quilt, I've found this to be very comfy and sometimes when im out fishing at night in the rain and cold I cant wait to get back to the tent and get in that bed lol....Frank
Back to top Go down
Tentpeg

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:51 pm

nice set up that Frank look very comfy as gordon said

Bert Smile
Back to top Go down
helen

helen

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:07 am

We have had lots of tents and I would say go for a built in ground sheet with a footprint underneath so that your tent stays clean, no chance of draughts if it gets windy. Laughing Make sure you have the space to dry the tent out should you have to take it home wet, if you want it to sleep 4 then go for a six man as space can be an issue, tents are getting bigger and that's good but watch that you don't get one that big that you get charged for two pitches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dandycampers.org
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:00 am

Your right Helen my tent is 22 foot long and on some sites 22' is about the limit they start charging for 2 pitches I only came across this once in Newton Abbot but i was aware of the size's and told them it was 21 foot lol!
Back to top Go down
helen

helen

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:05 am

We describe our trailer as we see fit at the time, if they charge for an awning then it's a trailer tent. If it's a caravan only site then it becomes a folding caravan. When you think about it logically our unit is smaller than a trailer tent but because you have an awning that is detachable and doesn't have to go up some sites want to charge.

I think last time we were camping in a tent on sites where there is a limit the maximum size for a tent was 21 foot long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dandycampers.org
Sponsored content

Tent Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tent Choice   Tent Choice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tent Choice
Page 1 of 1