caravanandcampingforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caravanandcampingforum.com

A Friendly Caravan and Camping Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Isle of Wight trip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jonty

jonty

Isle of Wight trip  Empty
PostSubject: Isle of Wight trip    Isle of Wight trip  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 am

a very good trip did it in two stayed southampton for first night then on to ferry we stayed at the orchard site with frank and ron a good five days
plenty of shopping and fishing on the trip home i lost a wheel of caravan just comming out of bath on to m4 flyover where the wheel went i still dont know called the breakdown and they didnt help much they just wanted to take me to a safe location but i took the two nuts of the other wheel and put the spare on with two nuts and managed to limp to the next site for 8.30 in the evening i was up early and of to buy some new nuts then sorted the wheels out then came home YOU PICKED A FINE TIME TO LEAVE ME LOOSE WHEEL Shocked Shocked affraid iv found out since my wheel trims locked on with the nuts it was these in side that had perished the washer part of the trim please take care if you have this type jonty
Back to top Go down
gail

gail

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight trip    Isle of Wight trip  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:55 pm

glad you got it sorted jonty, breakdown services are not much use for trailors or caravans, i had a blowout on a loaded boat trailor on junction between m4 and m25 second one that day already changed one on m25 so used my spare they were useless.
needless to say i now carry 2 spares when go any distance with a boat
gail Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight trip    Isle of Wight trip  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi Jonty it sounds like a nightmare i suppose you were luck realy you was'nt on the motorway doing 60 mph. I once lost a wheel on a boat trailer in Spain and the indispension unit was flat on one side. We broke down 4 times on that trip to Spain and always got towed back where we had just been lol...anyway glad your sorted now ... Frank
Back to top Go down
Corectus

Corectus

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight trip    Isle of Wight trip  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am

Cracking Story with a happy ending Jonti lol
Hope to see you soon pal

Regards
Clive
Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.nwac.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight trip    Isle of Wight trip  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isle of Wight trip