caravanandcampingforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caravanandcampingforum.com

A Friendly Caravan and Camping Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caravan/Caravanette

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbi2
Admin

Caravan/Caravanette Empty
PostSubject: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Been looking to sell or p/x my caravan for a caravanette or sell the caravan and buy a caravanette but the prices even on ebay are way over the top. Looks like I am going to have to twist my Bank Managers arm in order to buy something decent.
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 am

Hi Keith, Ive been looking also I think it might be better waiting till the end of season maybe they will be cheaper then ppl will be buying them now for their hols this year. My car's mot is due anytime and the tax is up at the end of this month its going to want a lot spending on it so i dont think is worth doing. A motorhome would suit me also i fancy fishing where i can brew and cook and sleep sounds good to me lol....Frank
Back to top Go down
buster175

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 am

Well that's 3 of us looking then. I had seen one but it has been sold i'm waiting for my redundancy pay.
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:49 am

I think I may be in luck as I have to phone a chap on Monday, he is interested in a part/x, but both of us will have to view each others goods and possibly come to some arrangement.

Only trouble is that I have just ordered 1,500 worms so I may have to break into my holiday monies. Anyway fingers crossed I will be able to afford it.
Cheers
keith Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 am

Just purchased and American Ford Econoline Dayvan that I will convert to a campervan next year. Got it at a very reasonable price as they are fetching good money on Ebay.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Keith well done looks like you have a winter project. Ive just bought a Mazda I had second thoughts about a motor home as I dont realy have anywhere to park it, anyway this Mazda is bigger than my old astra so i can buy some more camping stuff now lol....must come over one day soon to have a look at your new van...Frank
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Progress on caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:50 pm

Just thought it may interest a few of what can be achieved on a small budget
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0926
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0927
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0928
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0930
Caravan/Caravanette Floor1
Caravan/Caravanette Floor4
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0930
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0952
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0954
Caravan/Caravanette 100_0956

Total cost to date is just under £900 although I have decided to have a LPG gas conversion fitted and a complete respray apart from this I am looking at spending another £100 max
Cheers
keith
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Just a quick update, the van has been picked up for the LPG gas conversion so it should be ready next week sometime, also I have ordered 2 new headlights as I noticed the chrome in them has deteriorated somewhat.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
orion

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:17 am

Where's the fish boxes Laughing Laughing coming along nicely keith
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Headlights arrived they were a bit on the dear side at £119 for the pair, mind you that was including carrier costs plus the usual VAT so I shouldn't complain really.
I also ordered new spark plugs, new air filter and new rocker cover gaskets.
Fortunately the headlamps are of the bulb type so I can uprate the bulbs if need be.

Can't wait to get back into fishing for those long weekends in comfort.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 am

Its going to be like a brand new van hehe I bet you cant wait to get it back on the road....sorry ive not been around this week im staying with my Mum whilst my sister is on holiday im there next week also so I wont be around so much....Frank
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 am

Nice to hear from you Frank, looking forward to meeting up again. Don't be a stranger your welcome anytime
cheers
Back to top Go down
guitar-pete

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:23 pm

It looks a nice van keith....Pete
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 am

Thanks Pete my mate, we will have to have a session at Fleetwood in it sometime (Bacon, eggs, and bangers with a nice hot brew) lol
cheers
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 am

That sounds like a good day out Keith...when will the van be ready???...Frank
Back to top Go down
rabbi2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 am

Next weekend Frank my mate.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caravan/Caravanette   Caravan/Caravanette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caravan/Caravanette
Page 1 of 1