caravanandcampingforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

caravanandcampingforum.com

A Friendly Caravan and Camping Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

once upon a time long time ago!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gail

gail

once upon a time long time ago!!!! Empty
PostSubject: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:01 am

when i was a child i went to Canada trail riding on horseback through the rocky mountains and we slept in indian tepees.

one day we had a very bad thunderstorm and hail stones as big as cricket balls and as hard lol, boy oh boy did they hurt if they hit you
that evening when we got back to camp 2 of the older tepees looked like colenders the hail stones had gone straight through
glad we dont get them that big here !!!
wonderful place though as long as dont mind the wildlife like wild bears and moose well worth it for the experience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seafisherman

Seafisherman

PostSubject: Re: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:26 pm

OMG I'd never have got to sleep a night lol.
Back to top Go down
gail

gail

PostSubject: Re: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:30 am

hehehehehe my mother couldnt sleep she as frightened in case a ground squirrel cam under the flap,
they very like rats with furry tails and she scared of them. sweet little things and very friendly.
bears wouldnt come near coz we had fires in camp and each tepee had a small fire in the middle and you slept round the outside edge 6 to a tepee
Back to top Go down
Tentpeg

PostSubject: Re: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeh i know what you mean Gail,ive been on the plains at Alberta and sat in many a hail storm......ouch Rolling Eyes

Bert Laughing
Back to top Go down
gail

gail

PostSubject: Re: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 pm

we were staying in banff springs hotel for a month then trail riding up in the mountains
Back to top Go down
Tentpeg

PostSubject: Re: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:02 am

we had a few days in Banff,cant remember now where we stayed but what a wonderful place

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: once upon a time long time ago!!!!   once upon a time long time ago!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

once upon a time long time ago!!!!
Page 1 of 1